The General Manager is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the GSWA Board. The ideal candidate will possess a management style that emphasizes participation, communication, collaboration, and team development. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to manage day-to-day operations, to prepare and administer a budget and accomplish needed priorities within established budget constraints. The General Manager will consistently look for ways to increase operational efficiencies, keep abreast of industry innovations, and advance cost-efficient post-consumer diversion. The General Manager must be an effective communicator with all stakeholders, and have proven ability to both establish and clearly communicate the short and long term goals of GSWA.
The General Manager shall have full charge and control of the construction, maintenance and day-to-day management of the works of GSWA operations. Additionally, applicants should demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities relative to the duties of the General Manager which include the following:
1) To see that all rules and regulations of the Authority are enforced;
2) To attend all meetings of the Board and submit a general report of the affairs of the Authority;
3) To keep the Board advised as to the needs of the Authority and to approve demands for payment of obligations of the Authority within the purposes and amounts authorized by the Board;
4) To prepare or cause to be prepared all plans and specifications for the construction of the works of the Authority;
5) To devote his/her entire time to the business of the Authority; to select and appointment the employees of the Authority, and to plan, organize, coordinate and control the services of such employees in the exercise of the powers of the Authority under the general direction of the Board;
6) To cause to be published within ninety (90) days from the end of each fiscal year a financial report showing the result of operations for the preceding fiscal year and the financial status of the Authority on the last day thereof in the manner provided by the Board; and
7) To perform such other and additional duties as the Board may require.
The General Manager shall, at a minimum, possess the following qualifications: