American Ecotech specializes in the manufacturing, maintenance and operation of innovative air pollution monitoring systems and is currently seeking an Environmental Systems Technician with Electronics Experience. Our ideal candidate will work out of the West Coast of the United States.
Are you interested in being integrally involved in helping to deploy a wide variety of innovative ambient air monitoring scientific solutions across the western region of North America, where you would be working with government, research, & industrial unique applications? Does the idea of a typical month that involves working say one week within a highly technical advance laboratory environment, followed by say a week working in a unique outdoors environment (albeit retiring to the comfort of a comfortable hotel each evening), followed by a week or so of advanced technical systems build planning, whereby you can telecommute from the comfort of your home. If this sounds interesting to you, then we may just be a good fit for your future career advancement. In return for an attractively packaged remuneration, as an ideal candidate you already possess substantial prior experience in the deployment and maintenance of instrumentation, and you are a highly motivated, customer service-oriented individual that is seeking to become an important part of a very successful dynamic team of air pollution monitoring experts. Prior experience working in a “hands on” manner with air pollution monitoring instrumentation and/or other scientific measurement instrumentation is not a mandatory requirement, but is considered to be a significant advantage for the right candidate. So if this describes you, and if you are interested to talk about a new challenge, then please don’t hesitate to reach out and open a conversation with us, we would love to meet with you for a confidential “no obligation” discussion.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of American Ecotech core products and services and utilize this knowledge to successfully manage, deliver and enhance AQM projects
- Help to plan each project thoroughly in advance to ensure all necessary tools, spares and equipment are available to complete pending and current tasks
- System Installation, Servicing and Maintenance of Ambient and Environmental Air Pollution Monitoring and Measurement Equipment
- Travel to customer sites to perform project (system) commissioning, and/or individual equipment installation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Provide ongoing customer support for existing projects.
- Work in laboratory and field settings
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of ongoing projects in the region
- Work cohesively with other team members and with customers alike, to perform maintenance, troubleshooting and technical support
- Demonstrate initiative in finding solutions to customers' ambient air monitoring challenges.
- Perform Customer Training on any elements of the Ambient Air monitoring station systems.
- Assist in meeting project management goals
- Positively Represent American Ecotech always
- Will be required to work outdoors on a regular basis
- Will occasionally work in confined spaces
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Some technical sales experience will be needed for this position
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- The ability to work with and motivate others
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written skills
- Must be willing to travel on a regular basis (typically in a given month, expect at least 2 weeks travel, predominantly within the western US region). - Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Assist in liaising with component suppliers to help identify cost estimates for material and labor to complete projects
- Communicate with existing customers and ensure that projects are delivered as per customers' expectations.
- 3 or more years of technical related experience in a scientific field
- Project Management Experience