At Draper Aden Associates, Lasting Positive Impact™ is more than a slogan, it represents and embodies our core culture and belief that each day gives us an opportunity to leave our mark on the world.With more than 45 years of experience providing civil, environmental, geotechnical, solid waste, and structural engineering, surveying and subsurface utility engineering, site planning and engineering, and construction inspection services throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, we are more than just a set of plans; we are a way to achieve.Draper Aden Associates is currently seeking a Design Engineer to join our Waste Resources Team in our Environmental Division.
**This position is based in any of these locations: Raleigh, NC, Blacksburg, VA, Richmond, VA, Manassas, VA, VA Beach, VA, Newport News, VA, or Charlottesville, VA.**
POSITION SUMMARYThe position entails engineering design, team support and project management on a variety of environmental and engineering projects. Projects include, but not limited to, the design and siting of waste resources facilities, such as landfills, transfer stations, convenience centers, recycling facilities, and composting operations.
· Preparation of sketches, drawings and specifications for projects
· Engineering analyses and calculations
· Organizing designs and details to produce a completed set of drawings
· Investigation and procurement of data required to develop a design
· Researching and writing various reports/opinions
· Utilization of various engineering related computer software
· Compiling project specifications
· Completing construction cost estimates
· Gaining project approvals through local and state agencies, including meetings with agencies and responding to comments
· Engineering support activities required during construction
· Client and project management as needed
PREFERRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR EDUCATION• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s Degree Preferred• Professional Engineer License in Virginia and North Carolina• At least 5 years of experience; experience in Virginia and or North Carolina preferred• Proficiency with AutoCAD and Civil 3D• Knowledge and experience with Virginia and North Carolina solid waste regulations• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication and technical/computer skills• Ability to work in a team environment across multiple locations within the organization