Metro Waste Authority is now taking applications for the position of Solid Waste Administrator. This position provides operational oversight, direction, and coordination of Metro Waste Authority's landfills, transfer stations, and compost center as directed by the Executive Director and the MWA Board. Ensures compliance with the standard operating procedures and safety program. Effectively manages to improve performance and productivity by ensuring the highest standards of environmental safety and operational excellence are met.
1. Plans, organizes, and directs the operations at Metro Park East Landfill, Metro Park West Landfill, Metro Northwest Transfer Station, Metro Central Transfer Station and the Metro Compost Center.
2. Work closely with onsite team to ensure they have full understanding of program requirements. Plan and coordinate resources needed from operation divisions.
3. Prepares annual operating budget and capital plan for the Metro Park East Landfill, Metro Park West Landfill, Metro Transfer Stations, and the Metro Compost Center.
4. Identifies and develops major capital projects, oversees all components of construction development and coordinates with consulting engineer on all bids, specifications and adjustments to final design.
5. Responsible for the achievement of short term and long term financial and operational objectives through a focus on efficiency and expense reduction. Performs short- and longterm financial analysis as part of the facility’s strategic plan.
6. Responsible for identifying, analyzing and reacting to information on productivity, expenses, price and volume/cost to manage the operations and predict and correct trends.
View full job description: https://www.mwatoday.com/about-metro-waste-authority/careers/career-details.aspx?jid=vQqXcX145Xi17jJijUG0Ug2