Provide industrial wastewater process engineering support to various operating facilities for
daily operation and project design work including technical reviews and studies. Develop
clear recommendations for management or supervisors to optimize operation or address
problems. On an assignment-specific basis perform the role of Project Engineer, Lead
Engineer or Facility Representative as defined in the GCA Project Work Process. Be able to
complete complex assignments with minimal supervision. Must have a thorough
understanding of industrial activated sludge treatment processes and the general
microbiology associated with the processes. Must have an understanding of other
technologies that are used for treatment of industrial wastes.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Be a resource for Industrial Wastewater Treatment knowledge for facilities, compliance
and project teams.
2. Provide technical support to industrial wastewater facility operations regarding process
related issues. This work may require design and performance of studies or analysis of
3. Provide technical support to projects on process design issues including development of
P&IDs, process flow diagrams, and input on selection of processes and specific
4. Communicate clearly with facility managers, plant supervisors, facility operators and
other GCA staff.
5. Provide input to and coordinate work of outside consultants and suppliers doing work for
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
1. Knowledge of Industrial wastewater treatment as well as chemical or environmental
engineering principles and methods, Laws of Physics, mathematics, hydraulics and other
general engineering knowledge
2. General knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations.
3. Knowledge of computer application to engineering problems.
4. Ability to read state and federal regulations, complex contract documents, technical
manuals, specifications, and correspondence.
5. Ability to perform complex engineering calculations as related to the design and
operation of treatment facilities.
6. Ability to write and edit technical specifications, contract agreements, correspondence,
meeting minutes and memos.
7. Ability to communicate orally in person and by telephone.