Draper Aden Associates is currently seeking an Environmental Team Leader to join our Environmental Division in our Richmond, VA office. This individual will lead and build our team, continue to develop our client base throughout the region, maintain our existing client relations, and manage the planning, coordination and execution of environmental projects as they relate to brownfields, assessment and remediation of soil and groundwater, landfill compliance, environmental regulatory compliance, as well as other aspects of the environmental consulting industry. Travel will be required throughout Virginia and North Carolina.
Education: B.S. Degree in geology, engineering or related field; M.S. preferred. Professional Registration in Related Discipline preferred.
Experience: 10 years’ experience/knowledge of solid waste industry and experience with personnel management required. Five years’ experience as a project manager.
Lead and Build a Team
· Actively manage the team to ensure that budgeted direct hours or utilization is maintained.
· Build team morale – direct team spirit and provide encouragement.
· Conduct routine team meetings to discuss workload, scheduling work/balancing workload for the team members (within and between teams and offices)
· Meet with Division Manager routinely to discuss team issues, business development strategies and financial performance.
· Attend routine office team meetings to coordinate work between teams.
· Ensure that Health and Safety measures are employed in accordance with DAA Standards.
· Be involved in professional associations such as SWANA, NGWA, AWWA, AIPG, ASCE, etc.
· Provide quality control leadership.
· Demonstrate excellent project management and client service.
· Complete timely Performance Reviews of Staff.
· Direct financial performance of team and project operations (profit and personnel).
· Assist Finance and Accounting with PM support such as timely invoicing, A/R, WIP and backlog reviews, etc.
· Ensure that PMs follow the DAA protocols such as the Project Work Plan, Kickoff meetings, Progress Reporting, Scope management, Third Party Review, etc. Contract preparation and negotiation in concert with the Division Manager (DM).
· Act as a PM on some specific projects.
· Provide Business Development for the firm and division in collaboration with the Division Manager.
· Focus on repeat work from existing clients.
· Approve business development targets and assist the Division Manager as necessary to implementing the plan. Develop fee and scope proposals in conjunction with the DM.
Draper Aden Associates promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing.
Draper Aden Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer who looks forward to helping people build long-term successful careers within our organization.