A self-motivated, creative, dynamic individual responsible for growing the municipal business and focusing on evaluating the needs and opportunities of the market. An effective negotiator, capable of overcoming obstacles and gaining customer commitment. Understands our customer's business, their decision-making process, market needs and trends, and the competitive situation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Identify, manage, and convert sales opportunities in the municipal market.
· Develop in depth understanding and knowledge of the market, market dynamics, and competitive positioning to effectively manage the customer base and obtain orders.
· Communicate regularly with our sales representatives, engineering firms, and end users.
· Collaborate with and work in a team-based sales environment that favors a targeted, tactical sales approach.
· Learn about customer needs and applications for your market segment to validate and leverage value propositions.
· Improve our market awareness and present findings to our sales team.
· Become an expert for the products you represent.
· Use your initiative, curiosity, creativity, and sales acumen to prospect, validate, and grow your market.
· Manage the Marketing mix strategies and activities for the municipal market.
· Develop, in conjunction with the Marketing Department, content for sales tools and presentations that effectively communicate our value proposition to customers.
· Identify trade shows, events, seminars and speaking opportunities in your market.
· Travel as required.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
(To be successful in this position, the candidate must)
· Have a Four-year engineering degree.
· Have 3-5 years of previous experience in a similar sales position.
· Establish priorities, be accurate, and pay close attention to details.
· Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels inside and outside of Komline-Sanderson.
· Be an effective problem solver and be able to make sound decisions.
· Be proactive and a positive team player who is adaptable, flexible, and willing to take on new challenges and risks on a continual basis.
· Have a high-energy level paired with curiosity and a strong desire to learn and understand business issues in a dynamic company.
· Be proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft dynamics CRM.