Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables.
As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
This position is an Industrial Hygienist role within the Global Health and Safety organization and plays a key role in the mission of the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Identify and communicate health risk and risk mitigation to multiple stakeholders.
2. Develop, implement, and maintain exposure assessments to characterize and prioritize risks.
3. Conduct or oversee quantiative sampling events and recommend appropriate exposure controls.
4. Support corporate and site programs including hearing conservation; radiation protection; respiratory protection and hazard communication.
5. Support and lead teams to improve processes and implement standards, safety programs, corporate safety initiatives and similar activities.
6. Provide general health and safety guidance.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.