Air Resource Specialists has an immediate opening for a full-time Field Specialist. We're looking for a technically-oriented and motivated individual who is ready to serve our business with professionalism, organization and flexibility.
We are a nationally recognized leader in air quality-related environmental monitoring, modeling, compliance, auditing, analysis, and research. Formed in 1981, our staff has a wide range of expertise and experience and is dedicated to broadening the understanding of air quality science and policy.
While professionally representing the company, the Field Specialist is responsible for fulfilling the obligation of client contracts by working closely with site operators and overseeing functionality of air monitoring instruments that collect data.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Monitor data from collection sites to verify equipment is operational and data is consistent.
- Educate clients on the functionality of the instrument; provide training and support to site operators to complete tasks.
- Perform equipment troubleshooting remotely or assist site operators to verify equipment is functioning properly.
- Perform corrective actions by coordinating with station/site operators. Identify issues by reviewing control charts, data plots, audit results and other data products.
- Specify, purchase, install and integrate new and updated testing equipment and instruments in a manner consistent with stakeholders' requirements and safety.
- Schedule and perform routine maintenance, repairs and other client visits, arranging all travel and associated site needs, including instruments, tools, reports and other resources.
- Engage in laboratory activities, repairing, certifying and servicing instruments.
- Prepare equipment and all associated materials for scheduled and emergency site visits.
- Analyze data and create documentation and technical reports for Data Analysis group and other ARS groups upon return from client visits or in preparation for travel.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest scientific and technical developments.