Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Manger to provide leadership and presence at our Sterling, GA Lumber Manufacturing facility. The EH&S Manager provides leadership and strategic direction by building a partnership with front-line leadership and collaborating with business partners. As an ambassador or Georgia-Pacific’s culture and vision, the EH&S Manager will develop and mentor the team while fostering a culture of safety and sustainability. In this role, EH&S Managers ensure exposure is aggressively identified and mitigated by leveraging EH&S risk profiles and team engagement through training and employee empowerment. This position reports directly to the Mill Manager, with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Division H&S Manager and Division/Regional Environmental Manager.
The Sterling, GA facility manufactures quality Southern Pine Lumber. Georgia-Pacific’s building product business is consistently amongst the nation’s top suppliers of building products to large warehouse retailers and building materials dealers. Our employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Leading to achieve the EH&S vision by establishing and executing strategies through management commitment and employee ownership & accountability
* Facilitating EH&S ownership and accountability by the line-organization by establishing clearly defined roles, responsibilities, and expectations
* Participating in the selection, onboarding and development of mill talent
* Building employee relationships and advancing EHS knowledge and hazard mitigation through coaching, mentoring, training, and employee engagement/empowerment
* Fostering an employee-driven safety ownership program and culture
* Coaching employees on GP’s culture and Guiding Principles to aid in the teams’ understanding, acceptance, and use of challenge process and decision rights
* Driving EH&S excellence by developing and implementing risk and compliance management systems
* Evaluating and developing synergies between safety and environmental programs
* Managing employee injuries and worker’s compensation
What You Will Need:
* Bachelor’s degree or higher
* Five (5) or more years EH&S experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process environment or completion of Georgia-Pacific’s ELE or ELP Program
* Experience in reporting and permitting to include, air emissions, Title V and storm/waste water
* Experience and understanding of OSHA compliance
* Experience in hands-on training and presentations
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, Behavior Science, or related field
* Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygiene (CIH) or progress towards achieving certification/s
* Experience in behavior-based safety management
* Experience in workers’ compensation
* Additional safety and health certification such as CPR, Construction Safety, Lift Trucks, OSHA courses, etc.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube