Do you care about the environment? Are you interested in public service? Do you want to work with others that share the same level of commitment? Looking for a career with excellent salary and benefits? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you will want to consider working for us!
Union Sanitary District (USD) is an award-winning, innovative independent special district formed in 1918 providing wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal services to the residents and businesses in the Tri-cities of Fremont, Newark, and Union City in southern Alameda County (south-eastern Bay Area). USD is committed to providing exceptional service to our customers through the fulfillment of our Mission Statement, "To safely and responsibly collect and treat wastewater, and to recover resources from process waste streams, while protecting human health and improving the environment in a way that benefits the Tri-Cities and all USD stakeholders."
About the Job
Due to an internal promotion, we are now recruiting for an Organizational Performance Program Manager (OPPM). The OPPM conducts and coordinates strategic planning efforts, performance measurement, continuous improvement and organizational development processes to maintain and improve the District's overall effectiveness and performance; facilitates collaborative problem-solving among and between teams and workgroups; and acts as an internal strategic and organizational consultant to management and staff. This position works extensively with the six-member Executive Team and performs special projects as assigned by Management.
The following is a list of just some of the things you will be working on:
- Planning and facilitating all strategic planning for the District, working closely with our Executive Team.
- Coordinating the District's organizational performance measurement program.
- Working with the District's teams to develop key metrics and targets that align with the District's mission and objectives.
- Preparing and presenting balanced scorecard and other reports for the Executive Team and the Board of Directors.
- Coordinating the District's process improvement initiatives by facilitating and training work teams and acting as a resource to provide benchmarking and competitive analysis results.
- Supporting team and leadership development for the District.
- Helping create and support change in the District's culture.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range for this position is $112,539.65 - $147,708.50 annually; depending on experience.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including:
- CalPERS retirement 2.5% at 55 formula. (If new to CalPERS or not from an agency with reciprocity with CalPERS, the formula is 2% at 62 by pension reform law.)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance substantially paid for by the District for the employee and family.
- Two weeks' vacation per year (increasing with longevity); and 13 paid holidays per year.
- Management Administrative Leave.
- STD, LTD and Life Insurance paid by the District.
- Alternative Work Week Schedule.
- Deferred Compensation Plan with District Match.
- Educational Reimbursement, Student and Computer Loan programs for non-probationary employees.