Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Collaborates with various functional and Business Managers to evaluate and coordinate continuous improvement objectives for Organics Recycling Projects with a focus on WM’s CORe technology and Anaerobic Digestion Projects. Manages and coordinates implementation, execution and performance management of facility operations; operations staff selection & training, new facility commissioning, productivity & profitability analysis, standardization & development of operations metrics, establishment of standard operating processes, and establishment of best practices.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Leads new facility commissioning programs including system testing, equipment acceptance, finalization of punch lists and subcontractor management.
- Assists in the selection & training of staff for facilities.
- Trains staff on feedstock acceptance, processing, equipment operations, recordkeeping, and inventory & quality control.
- Develops & implements facility operational metrics & benchmarks, including assisting Managers in operations and labor management planning.
- Partners with managers to analyze profitability, and leads development of actions to improve & optimize operations.
- Introduces and coaches fundamentals of business improvement, evaluates current operating processes, and assists with implementation of process improvements.
- Analyzes financial and technical data, identifies and prioritizes opportunities for improvement, and assists Managers with budget and capital planning.
- Develops and implements Standard Operating Practices including safety, environmental compliance, data collection, feedstock processing, quality control and inventory, preventative maintenance, and supporting transportation operations.
- Works directly with local management to ensure periodic operations reviews, including identification of process and operational improvements, development of capital improvement justifications, and implementation of capital improvements.
- Provides feedback to project development and engineering staff on potential system and operations improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Indirect supervision of up to 6 full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or manufacturing, or equivalent experience
Required: Four to six years’ previous experience, including at least three years as an Industrial Engineer/Project Manager in a manufacturing, wastewater systems, or similar environment and/or three years in Operations or District management or related industry.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Manufacturing, wastewater and/or solid waste recycling industry operating experience
- Strong communication, coaching & motivation skills
- Ability to drive process culture change
- Ability to act independently and evaluate people, processes and performance management objectively and continuously
- Computer and associated software literacy
- Familiarity with IT logistic systems
- Strong analytical skills
Benefits At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click below: