Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
PSM (Process Safety Management) Leader
Start your career at Leaf River Cellulose, LLC, a world-class manufacturing facility where team members are using innovative technologies to produce specialty and market fluff pulp for a variety of high-end uses across the globe.
For over 30 years, the Leaf River Mill team has been on a journey to make the best products possible for customers while doing it in new and innovative ways. Creating value for our customers and for society is the ultimate goal for our business, and one of our comparative advantages in our ability to do so is our employees.
With a workforce of approximately 300, the Leaf River Pulp Mill is a nonunion facility located in the heart of South Mississippi, just 20 miles from Hattiesburg.
As one of six mills in the GP Cellulose business, the Leaf River Mill is a showcase of safety, operational, and environmental excellence. Maintaining the highest levels of workplace safety for employees is crucial and is reflected in our status as an OSHA VPP Star site and a multiyear winner of the Georgia-Pacific CEO Safety Excellence Award. GP Cellulose is also committed to environmental sustainability and stewardship through every stage of our business, using environmentally-conscious production practices to maximize the use of renewable raw materials throughout our process.
Our culture is defined by the Market-Based Management® philosophy, which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create.
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. Georgia-Pacific employs more than 1,700 individuals in Mississippi and has a workforce of nearly 35,000 at approximately 300 locations in North and South America and Europe.
Georgia-Pacific is an entrepreneurial company pursuing a self-motivated and driven candidate for the PSM (Process Safety Management) Coordinator role. The candidate will provide technical direction for Process Safety Management (PSM) across the covered areas as well as the balance of the Brunswick Cellulose (fully integrated pulp mill) through the application of the Market Based Management® (MBM®) Framework and Guiding Principles.
This position reports directly to the Leaf River Cellulose Safety Manager.
* The successful candidate:
+ Will provide process safety leadership for the site, working with the mill’s Chemical Process Safety Supervisor, with specific focus on ensuring that mill process safety management systems reduce risk and assure compliance.
+ Will be responsible for the review and validation of the following: process equipment design specifications, safeguard specifications, and operating procedures.
+ Will have engineering review capability for process hazard analyses (PHA), management of change (MOC), and pre-startup safety reviews (PSSR).
+ Will lead process incident investigations and develop effective corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
+ Will provide oversight for the mill's process safety information including: P&ID's, PFD's, chemical compatibility matrix, etc.
+ Will ensure management systems effectively address the facility’s Process Safety (PS) / Chemical Process Safety (CPS) risk profile and will develop and align PS / CPS strategy according to the Facility S&H plan.
+ Will serve as a mentor for technical and hourly employees to make process safety “the way we do things”.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Provides technical direction to achieve the Process Safety vision using management systems co-developed with the CPS Supervisor.
* Fosters Process Safety ownership within the organization through leadership, coordination, and coaching in keeping with risk-based process safety and Market-Based Management (MBM^®).
* Provides routine communication to mill management regarding process safety issues impacting the mill.
* Facilitates PS / CPS ownership by the line organization through integration of the S&H Management System.
* Leads risk assessments at the facility for anticipating, identifying and evaluating hazards as well as more formal PHAs.
* Applies the principles of Process Safety Competency to make process safety an operating discipline within all affected roles at the mill.
* Helps corporate process safety and compliance IT groups to develop and improve training, tools, and policies that support the mill.
* Assists S&H leadership with the development of short and long-term process safety objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks.
* Provides analysis of process safety incidents and near misses to assure sustainable corrective actions are implemented.
* Reviews training systems for effectiveness and makes recommendations for improvement.
* Ensures and provides metrics to monitor process safety compliance.
* Provides detailed technical direction to improve process safety performance.
* Proven ability to lead problem solving teams in a plant manufacturing environment.
* Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities to achieve goals
What You Will Need:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Engineering
* Minimum of 3 years manufacturing and/or process safety experience.
* Working knowledge of Process Safety regulations, specifically 29 CFR 1910.119 and 40 CFR 68
* Basic Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) experience
* Intermediate Skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint including but not limited to creating charts, formatting cells/formulas, creating presentations and reports
What Will Put You Ahead?
* A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
* ASP, GSP, CSP, CIH or equivalent certification
* A minimum of 5 years manufacturing and/or process safety experience
* Supervisory experience within a chemical, petrochemical, or pulp/paper mill in operations, technical, or mechanical integrity role
* Experience in the pulp & paper industry
* Knowledge of how manufacturing processes work and basic equipment operation within the processes
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube