Centennial Water and Sanitation District, serving over 95,000 customers in the community of Highlands Ranch, CO and adjoining portions of northern Douglas County, is seeking an experienced Superintendent of Field Operations. Centennial operates a complete water and wastewater utility including surface-water reservoirs, treatment, transmission, distribution, storage, and wastewater collection.
Water supply is provided primarily with surface water along with conjunctive use of over 50 Denver Basin wells, and a proven aquifer storage and recovery system. The District has extensive surface and groundwater resources, and is a member of the South Metro Water Supply Authority and the South Metro WISE Authority.
- Works under the supervision of the Director of Water and Wastewater Operations; assists with planning and goal setting; recommends policies; and, implements programs and to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Supervises collection and distribution, utility inspection, field operations, and metering staff, either directly or through subordinates; performs employee evaluations; reviews staff workloads; assigns work; and, provides employee coaching to enhance job performance.
- Develops operating/ maintenance and capital budgets for field operations; and, monitors expenditures while ensuring compliance with District policies, procedures and quality standards.
- Reviews and comments on engineering reports, plans, and specifications; stays abreast of applicable regulatory requirements, including backflow prevention and safety; ensures field operations work is performed in accordance with District safety policies and procedures; and oversees and inspects the work of contractors.
- Recommends improvements to existing facilities, equipment and operating systems; and, provides technical support for special projects in terms of planning, site preparation, staffing, site clean-up.