Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Facility Safety & Health Leader
Fort Smith, AR
Provide safety leadership and strategic direction to assigned facilities through the application of the Market Based Management® (MBM®) Framework and Guiding Principles. Create long term value for the organization by ensuring that: Safety & Health Excellence and performance improvement is driven through real culture change; Safety & Health strategies effectively address each facility’s risk profile; Georgia-Pacific’s 7-element Risk Management System (RMS) is effectively implemented, and appropriate leading and lagging metrics are in place and tracked.
The ideal candidate must be able to embrace change, possess strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to efficiently balance multiple priorities. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate must also be self-motivated, have sound decision making skills, good organization skills, and the ability to lead through others in maintaining and improving the Safety and Health performance of the Dixie® Business.
Position reports directly to the Facility Plant Director, with a dotted line to the Dixie® Operations Safety & Health Leader.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Provides leadership and strategic direction to achieve the facility’s H&S vision.
* Provides leadership, coaching and mentoring to frontline leadership.
* Develops short and long term H&S strategies to address the facility’s top risks.
* Provides guidance on the integration of Georgia-Pacifica’s RMS into day-to-day operational management processes.
* Ensures tools/methods to assess facility culture are implemented.
* Ensures systems/methods for identifying hazards and evaluating risk are utilized for existing or future equipment, processes, and operations.
* Ensures effective control solutions are implemented to eliminate or mitigate hazards to an acceptable level of risk.
* Analyzes overall H&S trends and checks and adjusts methods, systems, and strategies accordingly.
* Monitors compliance to G-P H&S Standards and Best Practices.
* Acts as a subject matter expert for OSHA and GP S&H compliance standards.
What You Will Need:
* B.S. in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or other technical field OR a minimum of 5 years’ safety experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting.
* Leadership experience
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
* B.S. in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or other technical field and 5 years’ safety experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube