Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Safety Specialist – Georgia Pacific Port Hudson Operations
Georgia-Pacific Port Hudson Operations (Zachary, LA) is seeking to hire a Safety Specialist. This is a salaried position that will report to the Manager of Safety & Health Services. Specifically, this position would assist in mill risk assessments, contractor safety activities, loss prevention, machine safe guarding, Lock Tag Verify and other safety compliance standards as assigned. The employee that aligns with our company values will find fulfillment in being a role model and coach for other employees in regards to compliance and achievement of mill and corporate safety objectives.
The website links below have been included to provide you additional information regarding the Koch companies, company culture and management philosophy.www.gp.com, http://www.kochind.com/ or www.kochind.com/philosophy/
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Develop systems/methods for identifying hazards and evaluating risk in existing or future equipment, processes, and operations
* Enhance the Mills capability in the development and implementation of fundamental safety programs. Fundamental programs include, but are not limited to Confined Space, Emergency Response, Electrical, Safe Work Practices, Lock Tag Verify, Fall Protection, Incident Investigation, Mobile Equipment, Cranes and Rigging, Personal Protective Equipment, and Safe Work Permits.
* Assist the Safety & Health Services department with aspects of the Safety & Health programs for the mill, including continuous improvement of safety & health programs.
* Provide leadership and direction for the mills contractor safety management program, machine safe guarding, safety design standards, Lock/Tag/Verify and others as assigned.
* A Compliance Standard Owner and Subject Matter Expert in different safety disciplines
* Assist in the development and delivery of required regulatory training
* Ability to perform Hazard Identification Risk Assessments (HIRA) and other risk assessments at the facility
* Develop the mills capability to conduct effective incident investigations to identify root causes and implement corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence
* Provide coaching and mentoring to facilitate ownership for safety at all levels
* Provide support to the development of our Facility Risk Assessment (FRA) and Department Risk Assessments (DRA)
* Lead, coach and develop employees utilizing the MBM® Guiding Principles
* Ability to lead the facility through safety audits and inspection
* Manage safety teams related to Life Safety Rules and Critical Procedures
* Ability to work independently with vendors on finding solutions to safety opportunities
* Other duties to support the Manger of Safety & Health Services as needed
* Provide a visible safety presence in the field with operations, production, maintenance, and contract work forces.
* Demonstrate effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Produce accurate, high quality work in a time sensitive fast paced environment
What You Will Need:
* Bachelor’s degree or higher, or a minimum of 5 years safety-related work experience in an industrial environment
* Knowledge of OSHA 1910 compliance regulations to include recordkeeping, as well as relevant industry safety standards such as ISO 13849, ANSI B11, NFPA 79, and ANSI Z244.1
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel (spreadsheet creation/ editing, pivot tables, formula creation, etc.), PowerPoint (Presentation creation/editing), and Word (creating and modifying documents and tables)
* Experience and knowledge in recognizing and mitigating hazards
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety or a Safety/Engineering
* Certified Safety Professional or equivalent certification
* Certificate or Certification in Safety or a Safety Related Field
* A minimum of 5 years of proven Safety & Health work in paper manufacturing, converting or packaging
* Demonstrated ability to establish sustainable systems for compliance and continuous improvement
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube