Cardno® ChemRisk is a scientific consulting firm that provides state-of-the-art toxicology, industrial hygiene, epidemiology, and risk assessment services to organizations that confront public health, occupational health, and environmental challenges. We specialize in solving problems of national importance; often related to major regulatory initiatives or mass torts involving occupational exposures. Our team members have a long-standing reputation for thorough scientific analysis and for sharing results in the peer-reviewed scientific literature. Many of the over 500 papers that we have published are frequently referenced in both litigation and regulatory decision-making. Our mission is to provide creative and scientifically rigorous approaches to answering questions about the human health hazards posed by chemical, biological, pharmaceutical, and radiological agents. Our team of scientists solves problems and answers difficult questions about the possible hazards posed by consumer and industrial products, medical devices, contaminated foods, and contaminated environmental media (e.g., soils, sediments, water and air).
We offer an exciting, fast-paced work environment with enthusiastic and self-motivated team members. While we rarely hire for specific job openings, we are always seeking exceptional scientists who wish to be exposed to a wide variety of scientific issues and who are comfortable with engaging clients and writing scientific reports and manuscripts. Our office locations include San Francisco, CA; Orange County, CA; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL; Brooklyn, NY; and Pittsburgh, PA
We are accepting applications from candidates who have BS or master's degrees (or who are in the process of obtaining a degree) and training in environmental health sciences, and who are interested in risk assessment consulting.
Typical Responsibilities for the Environmental Health Scientist Include:
• Conducting desktop research including literature searches, and critically evaluating and summarizing scientific information and government regulations
• Evaluating chemicals and their effects and interactions with humans and the environment
• Evaluating claims raised in various types of toxic tort or personal injury litigation
• Assisting with the production of technical work products, presentations and proposals
• Performing statistical analyses
• Performing limited field sampling work
• Working independently and as part of a team