Cardno® ChemRisk is a scientific consulting firm that provides state-of-the-art toxicology, industrial hygiene, epidemiology, and risk assessment services to organizations that confront public health, occupational health, and environmental challenges. We are a global consulting partner that is focused on occupational health and safety in order to assist our clients with both routine and highly complex evaluations. Our Center for Occupational Health and Safety Sciences specializes in anticipating and assessing the impact of chemical, physical and biological hazards on human health and safety in the work environment, and on recommending work practices to mitigate those risks. Our mission is to provide innovative and sustainable solutions in the Occupational Health and Safety arena that are at the forefront of the applied sciences and global practices, and that support the well-being of workers.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced work environment with enthusiastic, and self-motivated team members. Our team members have a long-standing reputation for thorough scientific analysis and for sharing results in the peer-reviewed scientific literature. Many of the over 500 papers that we have published are frequently referenced in both litigation and regulatory decision-making. Our office locations include San Francisco, CA; Orange County, CA; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL; Brooklyn, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; and Washington, DC.
We are currently seeking applicants who are in the early, mid and advanced stages of their careers for all office locations.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Assisting with, managing, or providing technical oversight for exposure assessments, human health risk assessments and industrial hygiene program evaluations
• Assisting with and managing litigation cases involving occupational exposure and disease claims. Potential to serve as testifying expert for higher career levels
• Conducting desktop research including literature searches, and critically evaluating and summarizing scientific information, government regulations, and industrial hygiene assessment reports
• Evaluating job histories and work tasks to characterize historical exposure scenarios
• Assisting with the production of technical work products, presentations and proposals
• Performing field sampling work
• Some travel expected