Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
SAFETY SPECIALIST – PLATTSBURGH, NY
The position, which reports to the EHS Leader, is located at our production facility in Plattsburgh, New York and has responsibility for assisting in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Company’s Health and Safety programs for the facility. The City of Plattsburgh also has many museums, recreation trails, fields, and beaches with access to Lake Champlain where you will find great fishing and boating. To find out more about the Plattsburgh area visit: www.northcountrygoodlife.com, www.cityofplattsburgh.com and http://goadirondack.com/
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Lead the utilization of the Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments (HIRA) process at the facility. This involves leading hazard and risk assessment efforts and identifying/implementing corrective actions that appropriately reduce risk.
* Lead the development and delivery of required regulatory training and work with facility personnel to increase awareness of safety and health hazards and risks
* Develop and facilitate a process to ensure timely completion of Department level Risk Assessments (DRAs) and Department and facility level Safety Improvement Plans (SIP’s)
* Develop the Mills Capability to conduct effective incident investigations to identify root causes and implement corrective actions in order to prevent reoccurrence
* Enhance the Mills capability in the development and implementation of fundamental safety programs. Fundamental programs include, but are not limited to Confined Space, Emergency Response, Electrical, Safe Work Practices, Lock Out, Fall Protection, Incident Investigation, Mobile Equipment, Cranes and Rigging, Personal Protective Equipment, and Safe Work Permits
* Perform ongoing evaluations/audits safety and health programs facility wide with Team Members to increase visibility of opportunities and provide floor level support and coaching
What You Will Need:
* A Bachelor’s degree in Safety, a safety related field, or other technical field (i.e., Engineering)
* A minimum of 3 years safety-related work experience in a heavy industrial environment is preferred
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or have equivalent certification
* Experience in paper manufacturing, converting and packaging automation
* Ability to establish sustainable systems for compliance and continuous improvement
Why Work For GP?
* A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
* Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
* Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
* Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
* Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
* Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube