Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Facility Environmental Specialist (FES) at the Camden, TX facility. Reporting to the Facility Environmental Leader (FEL), the Facility Environmental Specialist is responsible for assisting with the environmental compliance program at the plywood plant and co-located lumber facility. The FES’s direct reports may include an Environmental Intern and other plant employees assigned to support Camden’s environmental compliance effort. This position supports the Facility Environmental Leader including professional growth opportunities through on-site training and career development.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Assisting with day-to-day environmental compliance requirements of applicable permits, plans, and regulations. These may include collecting records, preparing reports, monitoring & directing work performed by consultants, conducting inspections, and sample collection.
* Assisting with training personnel and implementing Georgia-Pacific’s (GP) environmental 7-element risk management system.
* Leading as a champion of Market-Based Management® and Operations Excellence (OpEx) by communicating and demonstrating to employees how actions connect to GP’s environmental vision and create long-term value.
* Participating in the plant’s strategic planning and project review process, tract metrics, and supporting continuous improvement of the facility’s environmental management system.
* Being proactive and assertive with a high sense of urgency related to problem solving.
* Working cohesively and effectively with others to deliver excellence in written/verbal communications, planning, documenting, organizing and executing multiple tasks simultaneously.
What You Will Need:
* Bachelor’s degree or higher with one (1) to three (3) years of field experience (which could include applicable internship experience)
* Experience in an industrial or manufacturing setting
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Environmental Engineering or Science
* Experience performing air and water field work
* Experience collaborating with Environmental Managers and/or site management to include reporting to environmental agencies.
* One (1) or more years’ work experience in an environmental or engineering role preferably in wood products or industrial manufacturing environment
* Experience and working knowledge of Texas regulations
* Experience performing mathematical calculations
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube