Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
RISK ASSESSMENT SPECIALIST/PROCESS SAFETY SPECIALIST
Georgia-Pacific’s Global Health and Safety team is seeking qualified professionals to consider for our Risk Assessment Specialist/Process Safety Specialist opportunity based in our Atlanta, GA office- supporting our manufacturing operations nationwide. Reporting to the Process Safety Development Manager, this role will expose you to all the elements of Process Safety, including implementing, developing, and managing projects related to Process Safety. You will develop skills in using risk assessment tools and detailed process reviews. This will help you build capability for a variety of future opportunities within the Georgia-Pacific and Koch organizations to advance process safety excellence. In this role, you will learn to support the process safety management activities through the Global Safety and Health (GS&H)
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* During your 1-3 year rotation in this role; you will develop your technical and leadership capabilities through the management of risk management/reduction opportunities and risk assessment strategies, with the ultimate goal of placing you in one of our manufacturing operations.
* You will build your knowledge of the fundamentals of Process Safety in many areas. Specifically you will participate as instructor in Process Safety training courses, participate and collaborate in developing enterprise solutions for hazards and risks identified (e.g. guideline development, PHAs, risk assessments), develop communications to enhance PS knowledge share, work with business units on PS projects, develop expertise with the CM electronic tool, TRAX, and CAS system, mine data and evaluate for improvement opportunities, and participate in incident investigations as needed
* You will continue to develop your capabilities to lead by influence in business situations such as: advising, recommending, exchanging information, persuading, or influencing personnel, as well as facilitation of remote topic communications such presentations to large groups or classes.
* Group communications involve participating in meetings, group discussions, conducting meetings and/or leading group discussions.
* Written communications involve documentation, internal memoranda, letters, procedures, reports/proposals and technical writing
What You Will Need:
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Science
* Experience in industry or military environment such as, operations, engineering or safety
* Willing and able to travel between 40-50% - primarily domestic, but may require some international travel as well
* Willing and able to relocate after the development period
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Environmental Engineering, or Industrial Hygiene or Safety
* A minimum of 3 years operations or engineering experience within the pulp and paper, building products or chemical industry
* Experience using OSHA and EPA regulations specific to hazardous chemicals and industry accepted engineering codes and standards
* Previous experience within pulp and paper or chemical industry
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube