Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Safety Manager to provide leadership and strategic direction at our Corrigan, TX facility. Safety Managers create value by ensuring risk is aggressively identified and mitigated. Results are delivered by developing and implementing strategies aligned with Georgia-Pacific’s H&S vision. Safety Managers drive excellence and performance improvement through sustainable management systems. As leaders, Safety Managers demonstrate a commitment to provide employees training, tools, and empowerment to foster and drive a culture of safety. The Safety Manager reports directly to the Operations Manager, with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Division H&S Manager.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Leading facility Health and Safety excellence using MBM and RM
* Providing leadership and direction to achieve H&S vision through management commitment and employee ownership
* Facilitating H&S employee ownership and through the execution and integration of the H&S Management System
* Leading the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards
* Assisting facility leadership with the development of short and long-term H&S objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks
* Ensuring the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs while leveraging qualified instructors
* Ensuring a system is in place for a facility to sustain and improve performance
* Utilizing development plans to grow H&S skills and knowledge
* Communicating the Health & Safety vision and performance to internal and external stakeholders
* Mentoring employee to broaden their understanding, acceptance, and use of challenge process and decision rights
* Driving safety excellence by creating an MBM® culture of safety and developing/implementing risk and compliance management systems
* Leading the development and utilization of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards
* Driving and assist with the mitigation of identified gaps, weaknesses, and improvement opportunities
* Managing all aspects of compliance (e.g., OSHA, company standards). Ensuring ownership resides with the appropriate roles within the organization
* Ensuring facility risk profile is addressed through development/implementation of key controls
What You Will Need:
* Bachelor’s degree or higher
* Three (3) or more years of H&S experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process environment.
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, engineering
* Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), or demonstrated progress towards achieving certification/s
* Experience in leading culture change and developing/implementing management systems
* Experience in heavy manufacturing
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf