This is a professional position involving highly responsible work in the administration, leadership and development of staff in regards to Solid Waste Division projects, contract administration, environmental compliance, and customer support planning. The focus of the Program Manager will be administration of Solid Waste programs related to recycling, customer service, and division administration. The Program Manager manages, monitors, and reviews contractor performance and takes appropriate enforcement action. Responsible for the selection of vendors, budget administration, and accountability for multiple projects. Supervision is exercised over a staff of professional, technical and/or clerical employees including staff selection, goal setting, and performance evaluation. Responsible for providing direction in one or more of the following areas: planning, fiscal management, operations analysis, program systems management and updates, and/or human relations functions.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Directs and coordinates division operational activities within the Solid Waste Division. Develops and directs effective divisional teams and motivates individuals to meet goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement long and short term plans, goals, and objectives for the Division? evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of division operations, procedures, and use of resources? implement improvements as needed.
- Coordinate projects and work activities with other divisions/departments, other municipalities, outside contractors, regulatory agencies, or other individuals/organizations.
- Develop and implement a budget for operations expenditures, personnel, and capital projects? monitor expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budget.
- Interacts and negotiates with other local and state agencies, consultants, contractors, and landowners.
- Monitors and prepares necessary reporting activities required for grant and bond compliance.
- Reviews and approves invoices, change orders, supplemental task authorization for Solid Waste division projects? prepares and reviews blue sheets required for BoCC approval.
- Attends and participates in professional organizations, conferences, seminars and committees.
- Develop service requirements, bid specifications for competitive procurement for Solid Waste services.