WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm’s expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. wsp-pb.com/usa
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff has an immediate opening in its Baltimore, MD office for a Supervising Water Resource Engineer / Supervising Environmental Scientist to provide stream, wetland, watershed, and other ecosystem restoration expertise. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Project or task management of multi-disciplinary projects that include field activities,
- Data analysis and reporting for investigations of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems, and environmental permitting and agency coordination.
- The candidate will become an integral part of our design teams for various types of ecosystem restoration projects.
- The ideal candidate is a technical specialist in ecosystem restoration, with strong client relationships, preferably in the Baltimore / Washington DC area.
This position is an opportunity to work on complex water resources and water/wastewater utility projects driven by current regulatory and environmental issues. Projects may include watershed assessment and analysis; ecological assessment and restoration; geomorphology, stream assessment and restoration design; H&H analyses, river engineering and modeling; and stream, wetlands and water quality monitoring.
- Serve as task or project manager and leading multi-discipline teams on ecosystem restoration projects
- Provide technical direction and mentorship to project-level staff
- Lead and support business development activities to expand the firm’s water business in the Baltimore / Washington DC area