Senior Specialist - EH&S
Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Ref. Number: 34995
Location: United States - California - Foster City
Functional Area: Facilities/EH&S
Position Type: Regular
Working Hours: Full Time
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
We have an exciting opportunity in the EH&S department. We are looking to build a world class EH&S team here in Gilead. You will be working with a highly motivated and cross functional team to build a proactive Safety culture and execute exciting initiatives. The role of the EH&S Senior Specialist is to conduct and coordinate various programs and activities in EH&S Department. We are looking for analysis and problem solving skills ranging from straightforward, moderate to complex situations. The Specialist explains information and influences his/her peers and manager to ensure successful implementation of EH&S programs and directives.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
The EH&S Senior Specialist will proactively work with EH&S opportunities and act as
an agent of change while working effectively. Basic essential duties include:
Identify and minimize hazards
• Experience with implementing Job Hazard Analysis
• Conducting EH&S inspection and Audits
• Experience in Bio-Pharmaceutical in working with cross functional teams to address opportunities in laboratory and pilot plant setting
• Provide responsive customer service when needed in the form of technical support, training, program development and EH&S program implementation
• Present findings and recommendations to management while ensuring buy-ins on action plans
• Effective and timely response to customers related to IAQ, Ergonomics,
• PPE or other relevant EH&S needs
• Experience working with regulatory agencies in addressing routine visits
• Expertise in implementation of ISO and/or OHSAS 18001
• Qualification and direct experience with Radiation and Laser Safety
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
• Respiratory protection
• Lock Out / Tag Out
• Root Cause analysis
• Emergency Response / HAZMAT
• Power Industrial trucks / cranes/hoists, etc.
• Develop and conduct EH&S training as assigned/appropriate
• Conduct incident investigations and tracking the completion of associated corrective actions
• Conduct site-wide building inspections and audits, including escorting regulatory agency personnel, preparing findings memos and developing and implementing corrective and preventive actions
• Manage multiple projects of significant complexity and risk
• Adhere to project scope-of-work, budget and schedule
• Exercise judgment to determine appropriate action
• Provide solutions to significantly complex problems
• Operate successfully with little instruction on routine work
• Work proactively with all EH&S team members to ensure that all EH&S Program and project goals are met
• Demonstrate a high degree of commitment
• Influence change in a complex environment
• Work across professional boundaries to develop solutions
• Demonstrate competent negotiation skills when dealing with challenging situations
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
• B.S. in basic (Physical and/or Life) science or engineering
• 6 years of experience in EH&S and/or industry
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Preferred
• Certification such as CIH, CSP
• Experience in Emergency Response
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Radiation / Laser Safety
Apply now at https://gilead.avature.net/careers/.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency