1. Plans, organizes and manages the activities and staff of the Solid Waste division, including residential and commercial collection, recycling and administration.
2. Develops and manages, with participation of supervisors, the operational and capital budgets in accordance with program goals and objectives.
3. Reviews technical reports and materials, studies, reports, presentations and specifications and bids for equipment and supplies.
4. Responds to residential and business complaints regarding solid waste issues, which have not been resolved by the inspection or supervisory staff.
5. Works with citizen groups, in support of council goals.
6. Determines revenue and cost of service models.
7. Reviews site plans for container placement and the impact of added locations on existing routes.
8. Supports the Deputy Director, Public Works in presenting programs to Council and management.
9. Works with Superintendents to coordinate activities which impact mutual interests.
10. Works with contractors to insure services or products are delivered according to specifications and within time constraints.
11. Participates in the preparation and updating of the five-year sanitation plan and related planning and development efforts.
12. Represents the City as a member of solid waste organizations at the State and local level.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.