SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and construction firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil as part of doing business. Our employees take pride in their work and are committed to the success of our clients. That care is rewarded; and as a result, we retain our key staff and attract new professionals with an innovative spirit. Do you have the innovative spirit we are looking for?
This position will be the primary engineering support to SCS’s ongoing environmental consulting business efforts in the San Diego, CA metropolitan area. Initially the qualified individual will be expected to provide engineering support to existing solid waste business practice consisting of landfill gas and landfill engineering projects. As new work develops the selected individual will then be required to work on other engineering and consulting projects. As part of this role, he or she will manage and maintain contact with clients; manage project schedules and work product, and perform consistently within SCS’s quality control standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Field work including surveys, inspections, GPS data gathering, etc. Hiking/driving in varied terrain and weather is required.
- Office based tasks including but not limited to: CAD drafting, mathematical calculations, report writing, creating site plans and facility diagrams, permit application preparation, etc.
- % Office vs. Field Time: Varies, work will include both in field activities, such as field meetings on engineering technical related issues with the client and/or other SCS supervising engineering staff, oversight of construction activities, collection of samples, etc., as well as office activities including preparing plans and specifications, reports, and proposals as needed.
- Business development including but not limited to: proposal preparation, meeting with clients, and attending industry related conferences/trade shows.
- As a fully competent engineer or scientist in all aspects of the functional area of the assignments, plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and modification of standard techniques.
- Independently performs assignments with instructions as to the results expected.
- Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans or projects.
- Will typically manage 2-3 small projects or tasks involving activities of several persons and subcontractors.
- Travel (day trips or overnight and % of travel expected): Varies, most of the initial effort will be in the San Diego Metropolitan area on a daily basis. Occasional overnight travel will be expected to other areas of California and possibly New Mexico, Nevada, Utah and Arizona.