The ideal candidate for this position is inspired by making a difference to customers in the water and wastewater communities across the world. Your focus for sales will include diverse markets, including: storm water; water; wastewater; hydroelectric; and industrial water. This role must excel at producing sales and other opportunities.
To thrive within this position, you must love working in partnership with our national network of sales representatives to create a “win-win” situation for the customer, sales rep, and Duperon Corporation. You will be required to represent our distinct culture to our customers, representatives, and team. We are not interested in conducting “business as usual”; everyone you contact should experience extraordinary service and partnership.
You will need to display an attitude that has proven to be customer-focused, which will have you deliver on the promises you make with integrity. You must convey our company standard of “you’ll like working with us!” to all you contact. You are one team to generate sales.
The below is an overview of the essential functions of this position; however, the specific duties listed with each are a summation.
Managing an Independent Sales Representative Network
- You will be our liaison and motivator to the representative network, with the ability to promote sales effectively through other people. It is vital that you work with our reps in partnership to build strong, lasting relationships. Daily communication with representatives is necessary to maintain these relationships.
- You will assure you have well-trained (A-line) reps within your territory. You may need to work with multiple rep agencies within the same area to cover varied markets. You will create sales goals with your representatives, travel with them to sites and local firms, and support trade shows local to territory in person and/or with equipment and marketing tools. You will assess performance and, if needed, release a rep firm and find a replacement.
- You will be responsible for managing and tracking leads and providing feedback. Knowledge of ongoing progress with pending jobs is required.
- You are accountable to generate sales by supplying customers, sales representatives, and other strategic sales alliances with the necessary materials, training, services, and data to promote our products. You will need to become an expert in our products and services, as well as the water/wastewater industry as a whole.
- You will need to manage your travel schedule and reservations in advance and within budget.
Traveling and Presentations
- 50-75% of your time will be spent in travel.
- Knowing your audience and presenting information in a way that meets their needs is crucial to this role.
- You must bring the voice of the customer back to our internal team. While traveling, it is vital that you identify and report issues in the field; you will function as the feedback loop to our company on opportunities to make a difference.
- Travel must be coordinated in cooperation with our corporate meeting schedule. You will be required to be in the office 4-8 times each year. Participation in National Sales Meeting, Rep Council, Quarterly Sales & Marketing meetings, and Corporate Training are required.
- You will be required to work within our CRM system (currently ACT!) to report progress on pending jobs, as well as report to update the team in the home office.
- Expense reports must be completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- You will schedule conference calls as necessary and work with the internal team to assure they have the information required to execute budget proposals and bids in a timely, complete manner.
- You will be required to call in for meetings (such as regularly scheduled huddles) whenever possible to keep the entire sales team informed of upcoming projects.
- You will be called upon to review and give feedback on the development of new marketing materials, tradeshow development, and other promotional materials (such as advertising).