MRWMD is currently offering a great opportunity for a Site Operations & Facilities Manager with landfill experience in California preferred.
The Site Operations & Facilities Manager, plans, directs, supports and monitors scales operations, landfill operations, landfill gas collection/delivery systems, and site and facilities maintenance; performs a variety of administrative and technical tasks relative to assigned departments; provides technical assistance to the department director.
This is a management position with oversight responsibility of the assigned departments. Responsibilities also include performing administrative and technical tasks and special projects as delegated by the Director of Operations.
CLASSIFICATIONS DIRECTLY SUPERVISED:
Heavy Equipment Supervisor, Site Maintenance Supervisor, Scale Supervisor, and Operations Support Specialist.
The following duties are typical of this classification and are intended only to describe the various types of work that may be performed, the level of technical complexity of the assignment(s), and are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties. The omission of a specific duty statement does not exclude it from the position if the work is consistent with the concept of the classification, or is similar or closely related to another duty statement to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review, and participate in the work of staff responsible for facility landfill operations, scale operations and site and facilities maintenance.
- Personnel management: work with staff to set annual goals and objectives that support department objectives. Perform annual performance appraisals and staff coaching as needed. Identify training needs and coordinate scheduling and delivery of ongoing employee training and education.
- Establish schedules and methods for providing facility maintenance services; identify resource needs; review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
- Participate in the development of goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures; make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards, policies, and procedures; participate in the implementation of approved policies and
- Ensure operations are aligned with organizational goals and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Monitor contract administration and projects including contractor performance.
- Ensure proper operations compliance with health and safety codes.
- Provide direction for efficient operation of landfill systems including liners, gas collection, destruction systems, drainage structures, ground water and landfill gas probes and sampling wells, leachate collection, storage and removal and re-injection system. Oversee basic maintenance and repairs of pumps and wells.
- Participate in the preparation and administration of the budget for assigned departments; submit budget recommendations; monitor expenditures; prepare cost estimates; submit justifications for equipment; monitor budget expenditures.
- Monitor and control supplies and equipment; order supplies and tools as necessary; prepare documents for equipment procurement; prepare specifications and contracts for contract services.
- Develop and organize preventative maintenance and safety inspection programs for all facilities.
- Coordinate construction projects, remodels, and other special projects.
- Assist in the preparation of various contracts, requests for proposals, and reports.
- Analyzes department safety data and develops long and short-term strategies to improve adverse accident and injury trends.
- Ensures proper spreading and coverage of solid waste and oversees proper compliance with specifications on the use and development of disposal site.
- Performs a variety of tasks related to the efficient operation of assigned departments as delegated by the Director of Operations.
- All District positions require the employee to provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other District employees, and have regular and reliable attendance and timeliness. Must show cooperation and respect to fellow employees and supervisors at all times.
- Materials, methods, equipment, procedures, and practices used in the operation and maintenance of a Solid Waste Management Facility including landfill and recycling programs.
- Applicable County, State, and Federal laws, codes and ordinances related to the proper operation of a waste management facility, including landfill operations, scale operations and specialized materials recovery facility.
- Operations, services, and activities of a building maintenance, repair, and construction program.
- Materials, methods, terminology, equipment and tools used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of building structures and systems including those used in performing rough and finished carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical, mechanical, and painting work.
- Field and laboratory water and soil testing procedures.
- Leachate and groundwater system operations and maintenance; groundwater control, storm water run-off and related systems.
- Operation of computerized scale and fee computation equipment.
- Principles and practices of safety and risk management.
- Sound customer service practices and procedures.
- Employee relations’ practices.
- Principles of supervision, management and general administration.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.