This position is open to people that can work remotely as well.
As a key member of Synagro’s Engineering Group, this position will be responsible for full project management (design, permitting, construction and commissioning), guidance and oversight for new contractual facilities of various emerging technologies and will include budget (P/L) responsibility during project execution. The position will also be capable of providing cost estimates during all phases of the projects or in response to customer issued change requests. Position will work with existing operations/locations to provide project execution on internally assigned capital repair/replacement projects.
- Responsibility for assuring all safety activities on site and regulatory permitting efforts is based on Synagro standards and in line with contract and technology commitments.
- Monitor and control all assigned projects to their contractual schedules, approved budgets, and in accordance with established budgetary guidelines and standards.
- Develop and deliver timely monthly reports which review critical path schedule and financial status for the project.
- Manage contractors and consultants to their define works scope and submitted budgets
- Provide design and construction evaluations, recommendations and guidance to project teams in support of new project development opportunities, as well as existing operational improvements.
- Provide support of all required technical resource in support of design, layout and construction projects – either with internal or contracted external assistance.
- Lead or Assist as needed in development and costing of construction projects with and without external contractors.
- Responsible for initial staffing, training, start-up/shake down operations, performance testing and customer acceptance.
- Assist in contract negotiation strategies as required mitigating or eliminating project risk during the permit, designing, building delivery of finished project.
- Provide input and review to legal staff on construction contracts during drafting and negotiation.
- Assist in Development of Synagro Permit, Bid, Design, and Build policy and procedure standards.
- Assist in engineering design, capital & operating cost estimates during all phases of project development, whether internally driven, or in response to customer issued SOQ/RFQ/RFP, through to contract execution.
- Assist in assuring technology selection and all final design documents are based in line with contract and regulatory standards.
- Support the preparation of proposals in response to customer specifications and technical information requests for engineering analysis, system studies, and other technical projects.
- As available design and construction support for new technology in the areas of Co-Generation, CHP, Gasification, FOG, Bio-Gas, and Anaerobic Digestion.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline with Mechanical or Civil l being preferred. Professional Engineering License or Project Management certification required
- 8-10 years' experience in hands on Construction management experience in primary responsibility role, developing bids, and developing risk mitigation projects within a public works environment is required
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, material handling, and technology processes.
- Strong knowledge of managing contractors and consultants.
- Field or operational experience with an understanding of procedures and field implementation strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of construction practices, gas handling, cogeneration, process systems, solids handling, anaerobic digestion, heat recovery, and drying technologies is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in Business Development activities in Pricing, Costing, and Presentation skills are desirable.
- General computer proficiency. (Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, RS Mean, and Autocad).
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to travel (60-75%)
- Related industry licenses and certifications desirable (PE, CEM, PMP, etc.)
Synagro is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, or other protected group status. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process. Answers to application questions will be used for applicable, job-related purposes only.