|To Qualify: |
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
- Knowledge and experience working with the engineering theory, principles, practices, materials, equipment, costs, construction techniques, current trends, regulations and standards applicable to wastewater treatment and conveyance.
- Knowledge and experience in engineering contract administration, planning, organization principles, program planning and development, and project management principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles of budget, personnel, cost control, asset management and administrative policies and procedures.
- Ability and experience in preparing, reviewing, approving and interpreting engineering plans and specifications
- Ability to plan, assign, supervise and coordinate the work of field, professional and technical subordinates.
- Ability to develop, monitor and report on budgets.
- Ability to engage in problem solving and communicate scientific and technical matters effectively to non-technical individuals, including policy makers and the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of the work.
Applicants must also:
- Possess a valid state driver's license and an acceptable driving record at the time of hire.
- Be a registered P.E. in the state of Oregon, or the ability to obtain an Oregon PE within six months of appointment.