Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by technical training in water plant operations; one year previous experience in the operation and maintenance of a water treatment plant; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience.
SPECIAL LICENSE, REGISTRATION, OR CERTIFICATE REQUIRED:
• A minimum of a Colorado Class "D" Plant level certificate. An employee will advance in pay as the employee acquires a Colorado Class "C", "B", or "A" Plant level certificate.
• Possess and maintain a valid State of Colorado Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of water processing equipment.
• Knowledge of equipment such as pumps and controls, motors, gears, diesel generators, chlorinators, and other equipment.
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws regulating water treatment.
• Knowledge of basic chemistry and laboratory procedures as applied to water processing.
• Skill in operating a variety of assigned equipment and tools.
• Skill in reading and interpreting the data on meters, gauges, and flow charts.
• Skill in the use of a personal computer.
• Ability to detect flaws in operations and solve operating problems.
• Ability to perform preventive maintenance and minor repairs to equipment and buildings and to perform grounds maintenance.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with co workers and supervisors.
• Ability to accurately read meters, gauges, and flow charts, record them on the proper forms, and to record test results.
• Ability to be on call, work nights, weekends, holidays, and shift work in isolation. Shift work constitutes the following schedules: 5:00am – 4:00pm, 9:00am – 8:00pm, and 7:30pm – 5:30am.
• Ability to stand, walk, and/or climb for approximately 90% of the shift. The remaining 10% of the shift is typically sitting and working at a computer.