South Cross Bayou Advanced Water Reclamation Facility
Reliability Coordinator Position - Resource Recovery
The South Cross Bayou Advanced Water Reclamation Facility is seeking a creative and innovative candidate with applicable engineering background to serve as the Plant Reliability Coordinator in the dynamic and innovative field of resource recovery.
The Reliability Coordinator will report directly to the Plant Manager and will be responsible for data analytics in support of optimizing logistical and operational management. The Reliability coordinator will be responsible for effectively extracting and compiling data from multiple sources (including various software applications) in the areas of time, money, materials, man-hours, energy, chemicals, and other resources and presenting the data to the Plant Manager and other supervisors along with recommendations for action to implement streamlined, efficient and effective processes. Strong communication skills and inherent ability to interpret, analyze and present data effectively is a must. The coordinator will facilitate these tasks through direct communication with maintenance, operation and leadership teams in order to gain insight and input from stakeholders. The coordinator will also be responsible for initiating and managing various facility projects and will work with multiple teams, supervisors, departments, divisions, and outside vendors in order to facilitate completion.
The Pinellas County Utilities’ South Cross Bayou Water Reclamation Facility is an award winning advanced wastewater treatment facility permitted to treat 33 million gallons of wastewater per day (annual average). The facility is shifting the focus of wastewater from a disposable waste to a feedstock by which resources can be recovered and recycled to minimize environmental impact. Currently the facility achieves resource recovery by producing 3.5 billion gallons of water for irrigation and over 6,000 tons of fertilizer annually. In addition the facility produces green energy in the form of methane gas which is recycled back into the process. As the largest wastewater treatment facility in Pinellas County, its vision mirrors the county’s vision: To Be the Standard for Public Service in America. In support of this vision, the facility seeks to advance towards progressive practices for asset management aimed at predictive maintenance of almost 10,000 pieces of equipment (assets) while also reducing chemical and energy consumption through the use of innovative technologies and process control techniques.
- E.I.T (engineer in training certification)
- Strong data analytics skills
- Ability to use multiple software applications for data extraction
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Innovative and self-motivated
- Adherence to deadlines and ability to achieve results
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or master degree in engineering – industrial, process, mechanical preferred
- P.E. License
- Six sigma certification
- Utilize preventative maintenance software to extract data for the purpose of prioritizing preventative maintenance activities according to criticality of equipment.
- Develops charts, graphs, reports, and data tables that are comprehensive and accurate
- Present data and recommendations to management and supervisors
- Perform FTE and overhead calculations
- Implement strategies for monitoring and reducing chemical and energy consumption
- Extract operational performance metrics from multiple databases
- Assist in budget planning and monitor expenditures
- Utilize Statistical Process Control techniques for optimization analysis
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Root-cause and Analysis for equipment failures operational occurrences
- Initiate facility projects and oversee through completion
- Plan and schedule meetings with supervisors, management and other staff
- Ability to obtain hours towards Professional Engineering license
- Tuition Reimbursement available
- Paid vacation, holidays, personal days
- Great retirement benefit through FRS (Florida retirement system)
- Experience in a highly dynamic industry that serves & benefits thousands of customers
- Participate in a team oriented environment that fosters development and growth
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, receive preference and priority in employment by the state and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled.