The Collections group at Eagle River Water and Sanitation District is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the collection system and lift stations for all of the District’s facilities and assets. As part of the Field Operations Department, this group’s work enables ERWSD to do what it does best; provide efficient and reliable water and wastewater service to our customers.
We are currently seeking an experienced and dynamic leader to join our team as a Collections Supervisor
This is a great opportunity for a professional Field Operations Leader who would like to use their collections expertise to provide a service for the community. This role will plan, supervise, assign, inspect, and coordinate the activities and personnel in the Collections system in coordination with Field Ops department.
The regular schedule for this position will be 7:00am-3:30pm Monday-Friday and will include participation in the on-call rotation.
THE DAY TO DAY
Supervising Collection Systems and Maintenance
- Coordinates activities with other District departments to identify, define and resolve collections system problems or emergencies.
- Directs collection system workers to determine the performance and efficiency of collection system components and lift stations; Assigns and prioritizes personnel to maintenance and repair activities and inspects work for compliance with prescribed operational procedures and methods.
- Prepares requisitions and work orders for material, equipment, repairs and services and supplies; develops specifications for technical items as necessary; Performs the full range of maintenance work on facilities and systems including jetting and CCTV.
- Supervises and participates in developing, implementing and evaluating work processes, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), systems, staffing levels, and procedures to achieve District goals, Department goals, objectives and meet work standards; Participates in the formulation of department goals.
- Manages a spare parts inventory for all collection systems assigned.
- Ensures that system maps and specifications are accurate.
- Supervises, trains, instructs, and evaluates the work of assigned staff; Establishes performance requirements and personal development goals; regularly monitors employee performance and provides coaching for performance improvement and development; Assures continuous support and follow-up with all Field Operations and District staff; Completes annual performance evaluations of direct reports.
- Conducts or assists in training of collection system personnel in processes, operation of equipment, preventative maintenance and record keeping.
- Participates in the selection and training of Field Operations staff and provides or coordinates ongoing staff training to ensure safe and efficient performance.
- Assists in determining schedules for department; Approves time and attendance.
- Serves as an approved for Purchasing Cards.
- Serves as Field Operations Superintendent in Superintendent’s absence; May serve as Operator in Responsible Charge (ORC).
Budget and Administration
- Provides information for preparation of the annual budget around expenses, capital replacement and capital projects; Assists in the preparation of operating budget recommendations and monitors work activities and expenditures to control costs; authorizes the requisition and purchase of equipment and materials per District protocols.
- Prepares and/or reviews and maintains a wide variety of written reports and records, including work project analyses, surveys, work order progress and status reports, maintenance requests, equipment specifications, and operating costs.
- Assist with efforts to maintain and improve distribution system water quality.
- Serves in an on-call capacity as required, including on weekends and holidays.
- Required to follow all District safety and security policies and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by the job duties; Responsible for carrying out the District’s safety program by ensuring employees follow safety practices in work methods and procedures; reinforces proper safety procedures while working in dangerous situations; educates employees on safe work habits and potential hazards presented by their work environment, recommends changes for improving safety to Safety Coordinator.
- Provides daily leadership and works with staff to ensure an environment that supports the Department’s goals and objectives and the District’s mission, vision and values. Works with staff to achieve optimized and efficient operations thru employee empowerment and engagement.
Long Range Planning:
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends new technologies, equipment, work processes to improve productivity, efficiency and employee safety; educates and trains staff on new and revised approaches, equipment and work processes.
- Acts as member of Construction Review Committee.
Organizational Support and Customer Service:
- Maintain strong relationships with all departments as the first line collections support for the entire organization, including co-workers, peers, managers, outside vendors, and contractors. Works to create positive, professional communications within the Field Operations department and between departments within the District.
- Keep current with new technologies and industry standards. Attend training and conferences to support ongoing initiatives and bring value to the District.
- Align with District Values in all aspects of work.