Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
This position for the facility Health & Safety Manager at Lovell, WY. The manager provides leadership and strategic direction to the facility through the application of the Market Based Management (MBM) Framework and Guiding Principles. Create real value for the organization by ensuring risk is aggressively identified and mitigated. Develop and align facility H&S strategies consistent with company/division H&S vision and strategies. Ensure leaders and employees are trained and equipped to manage safety. Reports directly to the facility manager, with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Division H&S Manager.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Provide leadership and direction in establishing and achieving a meaningful H&S vision and effective strategies through management commitment and employee ownership.
* Participate in the selection and development of talent throughout the facility's organization.
* Facilitate H&S ownership and accountability by the line organization.
* Actively share and seek out knowledge.
* Ensure change is identified and proactively and effectively managed.
* Drive continuous improvement using tools and activities, including: self-assessments and audit processes; incident/near miss investigations; metrics and targets and periodic reviews of performance, culture and talent.
* Effectively communicate facility H&S vision, strategies and performance to internal and external stakeholders with emphasis on critical hazards and risks.
* Work with company occupational healthcare physician and staff, and third party Workers Compensation administrator. Assist in Return-to-Work strategy implementation.
* Utilize training and development plans to grow H&S knowledge and skills.
What You Will Need:
* Bachelor's degree in safety, industrial hygiene, engineering OR 4 years minimum safety experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process environment.
* 5 years minimum H&S experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process environment OR a current Georgia Pacific Employee.
What Will Put You Ahead?
* CSP or CIH or in progress towards achieving certification.
* Experience working in a MSHA certified environment.
* Experience in leading culture change and developing/implementing management systems.
* Experience in heavy manufacturing and/or chemical processes.
Why Work For GP?
* A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
* Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
* Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
* Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
* Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
* Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube