At Woodard & Curran, there's nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That's how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
The Planner/Grant Writer will work to identify funding opportunities and write grant and loan applications/proposals to secure grant and/or loan dollars, including funding for projects involving water supply/treatment, wastewater systems, community development, brownfields, hazard mitigation, etc. Candidates should have excellent research, writing and computer skills and must be highly organized and self-driven with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple deadlines. This position offers an opportunity to play a significant role in the project finance/funding process for an exciting division of our organization that delivers projects to public and private clients nationwide.
* Under general direction, facilitates research, development, review, and editing of loan and grant applications and proposals; conducts basic research for potential funding sources and maintains databases.
* Guides potential funding opportunities from conception through the application process and, if awarded, through implementation and administration.
* Interacts with stakeholders involved in loan- and grant-funding activities.
* Researches new sources of funding and facilitates internal communication of funding opportunities for municipal, utility, and private clients.
* Maintains comprehensive knowledge of particular areas involved in identifying and soliciting grants.
* Provides direct client guidance and input on various potential projects and funding applications.
* Oversees current funding awarded for clients’ capital projects and manages tasks involved with g rant and loan administration.
* Oversees preparation of capital and operational funding applications, amendments and revisions; and
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in planning, economics, public policy, engineering, or public or business administration, with some experience in planning of various types of projects preferred.
* Demonstrated understanding of grant application writing process, including data gathering and research.
* Experience with the laws, rules, and regulations regarding public procurement practices and other environmental and federal, state and local regulations.
* Understanding of the Environmental and Energy fields.
* Ability to convey basic engineering topics, issues, and data to a wide variety of audiences.
* Ability to analyze data and identify trends.
* Ability to work independently and manage time effectively to meet high expectations for quality.
* A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a wide variety of key initiatives concurrently.
* 022; History of paying attention to detail and maintaining accurate records.
* Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and web searches.
Be sure to follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.