Ramey Environmental Compliance, Inc. is the leader of comprehensive contract operations for water and wastewater services to municipal and industrial customers in the Rocky Mountain Region.
The Vice President of Operations is a management position that supports the President in all operational aspects of the company. Main duties are in achieving compliance with existing and future clients as well as adhering to budgetary constraints of the clients as well as REC. Actively assists overseeing multiple facilities along with operations personnel in completing their tasks as well as proposing, planning and executing new projects and clients.
· Interprets facility compliance requirements (NPDES permits & water monitoring plans) as well as operational concerns and assists the field personnel in maintaining compliance and process control decisions.
· Support and assist with field personnel with on-call rotations.
· Planning and assisting other management personnel in covering field personnel vacation rotations.
· Monitoring and assisting Operations Support for work supplies & ordering.
· Oversee and monitor Operations Support to maintain lab result database and is responsible for keeping water monitoring (portal) and NetDMR systems up to date.
· Oversee and monitor Operations Support to maintain operations monitoring and reporting software (Operator 10) for all water and wastewater customers.
· Oversee and monitor Operations Support to monitor and maintain preventative maintenance database (Antero).
· Support office personnel including AR/AP and operations support staff.
· Oversee Operations Support for planning, organizing and managing daily operations and maintenance for multiple water, wastewater and industrial wastewater clients.
· Understanding and generating contractual obligations.
· Ensures compliance with established environmental, safety, operating and emergency response procedures.
· Represents company and interfaces with multifaceted clients and attend board meetings as needed.
· Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports for client activities and regulatory reporting (Clean Water Act and Safe Drinking Water Act).
· Prepares operations reports and internal memos in a timely manner to take corrective actions to resolve issues before they become problems.
· The ability to multi-task under challenging deadlines.
· Communicates and represents clients and company with Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment as well as other regulatory (county/208) agencies.
· Represents company and clients during CDPHE/County Health Department inspections.
Must possess at least one of the following: valid State of Colorado (COWWWFOCB) Class A Water Treatment Operator Certificate; State of Colorado (COWWWFOCB) Class A Wastewater Treatment Operator Certificate; State of Colorado (COWWWFOCB) Class A Industrial Wastewater Treatment Operator Certificate. It is preferred to have both Water and Wastewater certificates or acquire second/third certificate within 2 years. Additionally, it is also preferred if a candidate have a valid State of Colorado (COWWFOCB) Class 4 Collection Operator Certificate; State of Colorado (COWWWFOCB) Class 4 Water Distribution Operator Certificate. At least a 2-year degree in water quality management or similar field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of supervision in either water or wastewater field as well as engineering field. This should include work in directing, motivating and training staff. Working knowledge of SCADA and equipment maintenance, repair and troubleshooting.
Both office and field work in completing job duties. Exposed to noise, mechanical hazards, electrical hazards, atmospheric conditions (winter, summer) and high elevations. May require climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Will be required to assist President in 24 emergency responses.
Motor vehicle, general office equipment, computers, and peripheral equipment, spreadsheet, database, communications software, a variety of printed materials; variety of safety equipment and clothing.