Post Jobs and More
Job Seeker Sign In
Job Seekers Sign In
New Job Seeker? Sign Up
Your Saved Jobs
Your Job Alerts
Job Seekers, Welcome to A&WMA Career Center
Your Job Alerts
Your Saved Jobs
Back to Search
Senior Project Manager - Water Resources
Continue To Application
The application opened in a new tab.
By using this feature you agree to our
Terms and Conditions
April 6, 2018
Kansas City, Missouri
Full Time - Experienced
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Description :
CDM Smith has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Manager to manage existing water resource projects with the US Army Corps of Engineers and support client engagement and business development for these customers in the Midwest. This position requires a seller-doer and provides the opportunity to build upon a growing water resources program at CDM Smith in Kansas City, MO.
**We are open to offering relocation assistance for this position.**
• Manage and deliver water resources and related projects for federal clients.
• Tracking and controlling scope, schedule, and budget on projects.
• Working with a team to bring resources of CDM Smith organization to bear on projects.
• Acting independently on technical matters pertaining to your specialty field.
• Maintaining liaison with individuals and units within or outside CDM Smith to complete projects.
• Conceiving, planning, and conducting research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity.
• Keeping abreast of new methods and developments affecting CDM Smith to recommend changes to current programs, or new programs warranted by such developments.
• Developing new business and maintaining high-value relationships with USACE and other federal agencies
• Developing & managing proposal efforts, presentations and taking the lead in contract negotiations including, but not limited to: terms & conditions, scope, and budget.
• Contribute to firm's stature by actively participating in leadership roles in professional societies - local and nationally.
Minimum Qualifications :
• A minimum of 10 years of professional level experience.
• A BS degree in engineering, architecture or science required.
• Previous experience managing water resources projects in the Midwest.
• Demonstrated success in project management, business development and long-term relationship management for federal-sector clients.
• Candidate possessing a registration as Professional Engineer P.E., American Institute of Architects AIA or other recognized registration required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities.
Preferred Qualifications :
• A MS or MBA degree.
• Previous experience managing US Army Corps of Engineers projects.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Internal Number: 20302
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About CDM Smith
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service engineering and construction firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle. Our client base focuses on government and industry. The firm is distinguished by our leadership and flexibility in design-build and alternative delivery approaches for environmental and infrastructure projects.
BACK TO TOP
Help is on the way!
We're sorry you are having trouble applying for this job.
Please try loading this job using the following link before submitting your help request:
Please provide details:
Submit Help Request