FM ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER
Final Filing Date 05-02-2018
The Facilities Management (FM) Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager is responsible to provide vision, leadership and expertise for the success and sustainability of the FM EH&S safety programs and services that proactively train and protect employees. Research, develop, implement and evaluate program elements, including an Injury/Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP), consistent safety and hazmat standard operating procedures, training, safety audits, and contractor safety accountability. Interface with campus Environmental Health and Safety office, Workers' Compensation, Employee Health, and regulatory agencies. The manager has full formal supervisory authority for staff assigned to projects in order to complete projects/assignment must be able to schedule and control the daily working arrangements for a specified group of employees.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at
Requisition number #03021182
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience from an accredited college or university majoring in safety, occupational health, environmental science, industrial hygiene, risk management engineering, physical/biological sciences, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated experience in the strategic development and implementation of a comprehensive workforce health and safety program and culture, with proven experience in a managerial role leading a team of health and safety professionals.
• Experience in laboratory / research facilities.
• General understanding of OSHA, CUPA, YSAQMD, asbestos and lead and other agencies regulations.
• Knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements in air, water, storm water, wastewater, hazardous waste, solid waste, asbestos and lead.
• Skill to lead and train the workforce in safety related topics.
• Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to clearly and effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals to secure and/or provide information to clarify situations, and resolve problems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP); and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist.
• Experience with safety culture change.
• Experience in higher education environments.
• Experience in research facilities with animals.