General Statement of Duties & Organizational Responsibilities
Performs a variety of unskilled to semi-skilled duties related to the operation and maintenance of the District's interceptor system and wastewater treatment facilities. Works under the direction of a Transmission Supervisor or higher classified employee.
1. Operates powered equipment, hand and power tools used in the operation and maintenance of the District’s Central Treatment Plant and Interceptor System.
2. Assists in the cleaning and CCTV inspection of the interceptor system.
3. Collects wastewater samples for the District’s annual charge program. Operates and maintains automatic sampling equipment. Assists in the flow metering and sampling of wastewater for other District programs.
4. Operates dump truck, crane truck, forklift and light duty tractor with attachments.
5. Performs light duty industrial painting using brushes and rollers.
6. Performs and provides support to various safety activities such as vehicle traffic control and confined space entry.
7. Cleans interceptor facilities and equipment such as structures, automotive vehicles and samplers.
8. Performs grounds work such as watering, adjusting and repairing sprinklers, mowing grounds and spraying.
9. Operates gates and valves associated with performing their maintenance duties.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
Graduation from high school or GED required. Must have a valid Colorado Class B Commercial Driver’s License and a Class I Collection System Operator certification from the State of Colorado or ability to obtain within 18 months of hire. Ability to read procedures, MSDS precautions and other similar type documents. Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations and use measurement devices.
Experience and/or training in equipment operation, mechanical work, electrical work, or wastewater treatment. Experience in reading blueprints, charts, and/or flow diagrams, basic record keeping.